Last updated: May 2018
Who We Are
inovia Capital Inc. (“inovia”) is a venture capital firm. It is a Canadian company, with headquarters located at 3 Place Ville-Marie, Suite 12350, Montréal, QC H3B 0E7 and Canadian other offices in Calgary and Toronto. In addition, inovia, through wholly owned subsidiary companies, has offices in San Francisco, CA, USA and in London, England.
Information Collection and Use
We may collect and combine information when you interact with inovia including:
- Information You Provide to Us. We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as:
- When you otherwise use our website, tracking information for site performance purposes is collected.
- When you submit an inquiry through our contact form.
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our websites and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data.
- Location Information. Through standard tracking mechanisms, your country and city-level information may be stored in the Analytics captured for our websites.
- Information from Cookies and Other Technologies.
- We collect information when you access content and sites (both on and off of our websites) where cookies and other technologies are present.
- This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser’s website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
- Information from Others. We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, or third-parties, such as:
- From publicly-available sources.
How We Use This Information
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our websites by combining and using the information we have about you (including information we receive on and off our websites) to understand how you use and interact with our websites and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in. We also may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- Conduct research and support innovation.
- Create analytics and reports regarding the use of and trends within our websites, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
How We Share This Information
We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our customers with companies, organizations or individuals outside of inovia unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of inovia when we have your consent.
- Within inovia. Information may also be shared within inovia.
- With Partners. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
- Trusted Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with inovia based on our directions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
- Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with these partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of inovia, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
- This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. Learn more about how we evaluate and respond to these requests.
Information Security and Data Retention
inovia has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store.
Data Processing and Transfers
inovia may process information related to individuals in the EU/EEA and may transfer that information from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses. By using our websites, you consent to us transferring information about you to these countries.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
3 Place Ville-Marie
Montréal, QC H3B 0E7